Password Recovery Utilities
- WebBrowserPassView - View the passwords stored by your Web browser (Supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera)
- Mail PassView - Recover the passwords of popular email clients: Outlook Express, MS Outlook, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird , and more...
- MessenPass - Recover the passwords of instant messenger programs: Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Trillian, and more...
- Dialupass: Dialup Password Recovery - Recovers the passwords of dialup entries (VPN and Internet connections). Works also under Windows 2000/XP.
- Network Password Recovery - Freeware utility that recovers the network passwords stored by Windows XP (Credentials file).
- BulletsPassView - Reveal the passwords hidden behind asterisk ('****') or bullets characters in standard password text-boxes.
- SniffPass - Password Sniffer - Listen to your network, and capture POP3, IMAP4, SMTP, FTP, and HTTP (basic authentication) passwords
- PstPassword - Recover the password of Outlook PST file.
Network Monitoring Tools
- WirelessNetView - View the details of all wireless network in your area (SSID, Signal Quality, MAC Address, and more...)
- Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network.
- BluetoothView - Monitor the Bluetooth activity around you.
- SmartSniff: TCP/IP Sniffer - Capture TCP/IP packets on your network adapter and view the captured data as sequence of conversations between clients and servers.
- CurrPorts: TCP/IP Connections Viewer - Freeware tool that displays the list of all currently opened TCP and UDP ports on your local computer.
- AdapterWatch - displays useful information about your network adapters: IP addresses, Hardware address, WINS servers, DNS servers, MTU value, Number of bytes received or sent, The current transfer speed, and more...
- DownTester - Test the download speed of your Internet connection.
Internet Related Utilities
- IPNetInfo - Find all available information about an IP address: The owner of the IP address, the country/state name, IP addresses range, contact information (address, phone, fax, and email), and more.
- MyLastSearch - View your latest searches with Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
- VideoCacheView - Copy video files (.flv and others) from the Web browser cache and temporary folder.
- WebVideoCap - Capture Flash video (.flv) and RTSP/MMS streams from Video Web sites.
- SiteShoter - Take a screenshot of a Web site.
- DNSDataView - View the DNS records of specified domains.
- IECookiesView: Cookies Viewer/Manager for IE - View/Delete/Modify the cookies that Internet Explorer stores on your computer. Read More >>
- IEHistoryView - View/Delete the URLs that you visited in the last few days.
- HTMLAsText (HTML To Text Converter) - Freeware utility that converts HTML files to text files.
- WhoisThisDomain - Get information about a registered domain.
- DNSDataView - DNS lookup tool.
- NK2Edit - Edit, delete, add, merge, and repair records in the AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Outlook.
- OutlookAttachView - View and extract attachments in your Outlook mailbox.
- OutlookStatView - Get statistics about your Outlook mailbox.
- OutlookAddressBookView - View / export the address book of MS-Outlook.
- NirCmd: Freeware Command-Line Tool - Do some useful tasks from command-line: turn off your monitor, turn off the computer, open/close the door of your cd-rom drive, dial to VPN/Internet connection, change your display settings, and much more !!
- SearchMyFiles - Alternative to 'Search For Files And Folders' module of Windows and also duplicate files search.
- MyUninstaller - Alternative to the standard Add/Remove applet of Windows operating system.
- Volumouse - Control the sound volume with your wheel mouse !!
- FileTypesMan - Alternative to 'File Types' manager of Windows.
Freeware System Tools
- ProduKey - Recover Office/Windows CD-Key
- ShellExView - Displays the details of shell extensions installed on your computer, and allows you to easily disable and enable each shell extension.
- WhatInStartup - Add, delete, modify or disable programs that run at Windows startup.
- USBDeview - View all installed/connected USB devices on your system.
- DevManView - Alternative to device manager of Windows.
- DriverView - List all device drivers currently loaded on your Windows.
- RegScanner (Registry Scanner) - Scan and find values in the Registry.
- OpenedFilesView - View opened/locked files in your system.
- SysExporter - Grab the data stored in standard list-views, list boxes, and combo boxes from almost any application running on your system, and export it to text, HTML or XML file.
- BlueScreenView - View crash information stored in the MiniDump files created on blue screen of Windows.
Friday, July 24, 2015
NirSoft has an interesting collection of task oriented utilities. Below is a list of them.