Monday, March 17, 2008

Creating a web service in MyEclipse 5 or 6 and deploying to Tomcat application server.

Creating a web service in MyEclipse 5 or 6 and deploying to Tomcat application server.
Well, I can't say it is difficult, but I think the link below that points to a MyEclipse tutorial is great. It gave me everything I needed to get started.
The tutorial is also in the documentation included in MyEclipse 6 (maybe 5 also, I don't know). The tutorial is called "MyEclipse Code-First Web Services Tutorial" if you want to search the included doc for it. It is the same either way. Your choice. ;)
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been try the tutorial but when i test the web servis (step 8 --> http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/services/HelloWorldService?WSDL) from the status i got error like this:
IWAB0379E Unable to open http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/services/HelloWorldService?WSDL.
IWAB0135E An unexpected error has occurred.
WSDLException
WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/services/HelloWorldService?WSDL


can you help me!
Sory if my english is too bad.
thanks

Brent V said...

mr. 6 (six),

Sorry for the delay, I have been on my honeymoon. I am still fairly new to MyEcliplse myself. My guess is you have something wrong with your WSDL. Sometimes starting a new project solves weird problems. Also, make sure you are using MyEclipse, not the standard install of Eclipse (or if you are be sure you have the right web services installed). There are many options for web services in Java, so be sure you are using the same one as in the tutorial. Also, you may try contacting the author of the tutorial. MyEclipse should provide support for their own tutorials I would think. After all, I think that is part of what you pay for with MyEclipse.

Good luck, and please let me know what you figure out.

Anonymous said...

try removing 8080 port just use localhost and try