Did you receive the error below?
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Wed, 15 May 2013 22:03:02 UTC
Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near '
The cause for me was the following
I have reporting services installed in SharePoint 201 SP1. I have two reports and they both take parameters. The main report has parameters that use the parameter panel and the user specifies the parameters they want. The second report uses the parameter panel, but it should not since it is taking the parameters from a link on the main report that passes the parameter to the second report. Only one report can use the panel. The Back to the Parent Report link in Reporting Services doesn’t seem to support the scenario where both reports are using the parameter panel.
To reproduce the problem, I did the following.
1. Bring up the main report and run with some parameters.
2. Click the link that takes me to the secondary report.
3. Click the Back to the Parent Report button.
4. Click the link that takes me to the secondary report
Change the parameter type on the second report to be Hidden. This will cause the parameter to not be shown in the UI when the second report is shown. This will fix the problem. Another solution is for the main report to not have any parameters, but that is usually not feasible since users typically will need to interact with it.
To change the parameter to Hidden do the following:
1. Open the report in Report Builder
2. Go to Report Data |
Parameters and expand the list of parameters
3. Right-click on each of the parameters and do the following
4. Select the Parameter Properties menu item.
5. Under the General tab change the Select parameter visibility radio button to Hidden.